Friday, October 28, 2011

Chicken Broccoli Casserole

This is probably the number one dish I grew up on. I can remember my mom standing in the kitchen cutting up the chicken after she cooked it. I have to admit that when I have made it, I've used boneless, skinless chicken breasts - it's just laziness I guess, because it does taste better with both dark and light meat.

1 whole chicken, baked (or 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked)
1 head of broccoli, steamed
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 c. mayo
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. celery seed
Salt & pepper to taste
Grated cheddar cheese
Homemade croutons

Put cooked broccoli on the bottom of the pan, then layer the cooked, shredded chicken. Mix soup, mayo, lemon juice, celery seed and salt & pepper. Spread over chicken. Sprinkle generously with cheese. Cut up bread cubes and toss in melted butter and put on top of cheese. Bake for 30 minutes at 350. Serve with brown rice.

No comments: