Friday, October 28, 2011

"Special" French Toast

My kids don't know how good they have it...Jon makes them a hot breakfast an average of 4 times a week, and whatever he makes is from scratch. Most days they get traditional french toast, pancakes or waffles (with flax seed and protein powder thrown in for good measure). But whenever we have Italian bread in the house, they request "special" french toast. Jon and I had this at a bed and breakfast we stayed at for our 3rd anniversary.

Italian bread, sliced
cream cheese, softened
favorite jelly
eggs, beaten, with cinnamon & vanilla

spread cream cheese on 1 slice of bread and jelly on another, make a sandwich and dip in eggs. cook and serve.




1 comment:

Bethany said...

I. LOVE. FRENCH. TOAST!
awwwww that's cute! I like that-- "special" french toast haha! our kids get hot breakfast every day too usually eggs or oatmeal or waffles or pancakes sadly we don't usually do french toast (they don't like it as much as I do)