Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Cranberry Cake

I think this has to be my favorite cake! This comes from Bethany's family. I have so many memories of times we ate this cake, but probably the one that stands out the most is when Bethany and I had an apartment together and we had a holiday party and our friend Jimmy ate 6 pieces! I have never been able to eat more than 1 piece of this because it is so rich, so we were quite impressed (or something like that!)

½ c. sugar
1 ½ Tbsp. butter, softened
½ c. milk
1 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
½ c. fresh cranberries, cut in half

Stir together first 6 ingredients then fold in cranberries and pour into 8” round pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.

Sauce:
½ c. sugar
½ c. brown sugar
½ c. butter
1 c. heavy cream

Put all ingredients into a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and stir until it starts to boil. Boil for a few seconds, remove from heat and ladle over warm cranberry cake.

No comments: