Monday, October 24, 2011

Italian Sausage w/ Cavatappi





This recipe came from our friends Greg & Tricia. Tricia is Italian, Greg is Polish, they are both great cooks and share our love of cooking together.

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp. olive oil
¾ lb. Italian sausage
16 oz. can Italian style diced tomatoes
½ c. heavy cream
¼ c. white wine
1 lb. cavatappi (or cellentani)
Grated parmesan cheese

Warm olive oil over med-low heat in large sauté pan. Add the sausage (removed from casings) and cook slowly, breaking sausage into bits until it loses its raw color (~5 minutes). Stir in the tomatoes and raise the heat to medium and cook uncovered until the tomatoes have softened (5-10 minutes). Stir in the cream and wine and simmer briefly (~3 minutes). Season with salt & pepper and serve with cavatappi pasta (cork-screw shaped pasta). Serve with grated parmesan cheese.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

just made this tonight with crusty bread and spinach caesar salad I love love love this recipe and the best part is that it is so much easier than it tastes! seriously, I often make this on those nights when I've neglected to plan ahead and I'm suddenly crunched for time but I want a yummy meal for my family that tastes like I've slaved for an hour in the kitchen! EVERYONE SHOULD MAKE THIS!

Bethany said...

HAHA I just read that back and 'slaved for an hour' sounds hilarious but I was thinking...well it doesn't taste like hours of work but it does taste like at least one hour! hahaha I'm so lame!