Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fruited Chicken Salad

Bethany gave me this recipe that her in-laws made for them once. I started making it and have made it many times. I don't think Bethany ever made it again?

4 c. cubed, cooked or grilled chicken (or turkey)
1 ½ c. seedless red grape halves
1 ½ c. small cantaloupe balls
1 c. chopped celery
¾ c. mayo
¼ c. lemon juice
1 tsp. ground ginger
½ tsp. salt
½ c. cashews

In large bowl, mix chicken, grapes, cantaloupe and celery. In small bowl, mix mayo, lemon juice, ginger and salt. Pour this over meat/fruit mixture. Mix well and chill for at least 1 hour. To serve, lay a piece of green leaf lettuce on a plate, cut cantaloupe shell into rings and place salad in the middle. Add cashews just before serving.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I have made it but rarely considering it's been 17 years since Cindy made it for me. Yum! thanks for the reminder!