Monday, October 24, 2011

Farfalle with Asparagus & Mushrooms

This past summer, while going through a major renovation, we went to live at our friend's house for a few weeks (they summer in RI). My friend Donna is an amazing cook - there will be many recipes shared here that I have gotten from her. Anyway, while at her house, I was poring over cookbooks and came across this recipe in one of Giada's cookbooks. This is helping me with my once a week vegetarian quest!

1 lb. farfalle pasta
3 Tbsp. butter
1 lb. cremini mushrooms
1 lb. asparagus - 1" cross-wise pieces
1 c. mascarpone cheese
pinch nutmeg
3/4 c. toasted walnuts, chopped
pepper
1/4 c. fresh grated parmesan cheese

Saute mushrooms in butter for 5 minutes, add asparagus and saute 5 minutes more. Stir in mascarpone and nutmeg. Add cooked farfalle and walnuts. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.

Gotta love a one dish meal!

No comments: