Saturday, October 29, 2011

Turtle Bars

I rarely make these because to me they are addicting. If I do make them, I make sure I have somewhere to take them where others can help me eat them!

2 c. flour
1 c. brown sugar
½ c. butter, softened
1 c. pecan halves
2/3 c. butter
½ c. brown sugar
1 c. milk chocolate chips

For crust, combine flour, brown sugar and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until fine. Pat into ungreased 9x13 pan. Layer pecan halves on prepared crust. Cook butter, brown sugar over medium heat in 1 quart pan, stirring constantly until entire surface begins to boil. Let boil for ½ - 1 minute stirring constantly (not 1 minute, just over ½ minute). Pour over pecans and crust. Bake near center of oven at 350° for 18-22 minutes, or until caramel is bubbly. After removing from oven, sprinkle immediately with chocolate chips. Let chips melt slightly and then swirl. Cool completely before cutting.

No comments: