Monday, October 24, 2011

Chicken Broccoli Pasta

This is another recipe from my wonderful friend Kelly. I commute really far to work and Kelly lives close to my work, so sometimes when I have big meetings where I have to be there late one night and early the next morning, I crash at Kelly & Orazio's house. One of those {many} times, she made this for me for dinner.

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt & pepper
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, minced
3 garlic cloves, pressed
¼ tsp. oregano
1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
8 oz. ziti
2 ¾ c. water
1 2/3 c. chicken broth
Package of broccoli florets (fresh)
¼ c. oil packed sundried tomatoes
½ c. heavy cream
½ c. grated Asiago cheese
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice

Season chicken with salt & pepper. Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil over med-high heat, cook chicken, then set aside. Add remaining T. of olive oil, onion, ½ tsp. salt and cook for 3-5 minutes, add garlic, oregano & pepper flakes, cook for 1 min. Add ziti, 2 c. water and chicken broth – bring to a boil and cook 12-15 min. Add broccoli, sundried tomatoes and remaining ¾ c. water, cover and reduce heat to med., cook 3-5 minutes. Return heat to high, stir in cream, Asiago cheese and chicken, cook 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice, season with salt & pepper and serve with more Asiago.

No comments: