Monday, October 24, 2011

Potato Side Dish

This is a Wisconsin dish if I've ever had one! This comes from Bethany's family of origin. When I first made this for Jon's family, they made fun of my "casserole" - - until they tasted it!

2 lb. southern style hashbrowns (thawed)
1 pint sour cream
8 oz. shredded cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
½ c. diced onion
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. salt
4 c. corn flakes
1 stick butter melted

Mix first 8 ingredients and put into greased 9x13 pan. Crush corn flakes, put on top and pour butter over. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I like this one better with the shredded hashbrowns now...and I double the cream of chicken soup add a little extra sour cream and throw in some chopped green onions. Oh yeah and double the corn flakes and butter ( I learned that from Kim haha)

Maria said...

I make this one all the time. Try it with cream of celery soup instead of chicken and crushed Ritz crackers instead of corn flakes. Always a great side dish!